Fiber Optic Cablesprint
- Network Cables
- HDMI Cables
- USB Cables
- Cat6 Ethernet Cables
- Cat6A Ethernet Cables
- Cat5e Ethernet Cables
- Power Cords
- Outdoor Power Cords
- Colored Power Cords
- International Power Cords
- Data Center Cords IEC
- Hospital Grade Power Cords
- NEMA Power Cords
- Single Mode Fiber Optic Cables
- Multimode Fiber Optic Cables
- OS2 Single Mode Patch Cables
- OM1 Fiber Optic Cables
- OM2 Fiber Optic Cables
- OM3 Fiber Optic Cables - Multimode
- OM4 Fiber Optic Cables - Multimode
- Custom Fiber Optic Cables
- Fiber Cables
- All Optical Fiber
- Outdoor Networking Cables
- Outdoor Power Cords
- Outdoor Extension Cords
- Cat6 Outdoor Cables Shielded Burial
- Cat6A Outdoor Cables Shielded Burial
- Category 5e Outdoor Cables
- RG6 Coaxial Outdoor Cables
- Outdoor Fiber Optic Cables
- Bulk Cat5e Cable
- Bulk Cat5e Outdoor Cables
- Bulk Cat6 Cable
- Bulk Cat6a Wire
- Bulk Cat6 Outdoor Cables
- Bulk Fiber Optic Cable
- Bulk Networking Cables
- Bulk Wire
- Bulk Coaxial Cable
- Bulk Low Voltage Wire & Cables
- Bulk Security Alarm Cable
- C14 to C13 PDU Cables
- C20 To C19 Power Cords
- C14 To C15 Power Cables
- C20 to C13 15 Power Cords
- C14 to 5-15 Power Cords & Adapters
- C14 to C7 Power Cords
We collect sales Tax only for orders shipped within NY State.
Find the Cable you need Quickly by using our Patch Finder
Learn about Fiber Optic Cables, Cat5 Cables, Cat5e Cables, Cat6 Cables, Data Center Cables, Crypto Cables, Bulk Wire and more...
• When Do You Need a Shielded Ethernet Cable?
• Outdoor Cables
• Is Fiber Optic Better Than Wifi?
• What Does Fiber Optic Cable Do?
• Fiber Optic Cable Speeds
• What is the Difference Between an Ethernet Cable and a Network Patch Cable?
• Outdoor Category 6 Cables
• Single Mode or Multi Mode: Which Is Better?
• Is Fiber Optic Cable Better Than Ethernet?
Fiber Optic Cable
Fiber Optic Cable Types: Single Mode & Multimode
Fiber Optic Cables (sometimes spelled "fibre optic") come in two fiber optic cable types, single mode fiber or multimode fiber. Cables.com offers a wide variety of ready-made Fiber Optic Cables, Fiber Optic Patch Cables, Fiber Optic Connectors, Fiber Optic Cable in Bulk and Custom Made Fiber Cables for any application and installation in professional and home environments. If you are new to Fiber Optics, you can read a basic overview in our blog of How Does A Fiber Optic Cable Work?
Shop The Most Popular Fiber Optic Cables
Shop All Fiber Optic Cables
One of the most basic details you need to know about Fiber Optic Cables is what the different color jackets represent:
- OS2 Yellow Fiber Optic Color, also known as Singlemode
- OM1 Orange Fiber Optic Color, 62.5 Micron
- OM2 Orange Fiber Optic Color, 50 Micron
- OM3 Aqua Blue Fiber Optic Color, 50 micron, 10GB Rated
- OM4 Aqua Blue Fiber Optic Color 50 Micron, 40GB Rated
These fiber optic cables are strong and perfect for any project.
Our collection includes MTP 12-strand fiber, 10-Gig OM4 Aqua Fiber, 10-Gig OM3, 9/125 Single-mode cables, 50u/125 cables and 62.5u/125 cables. We carry many of these in stock as well as in warehouses across the country, ready for same day shipment (for orders placed before 2pm in your local time)! Need a non-standard length of fiber optic cables? With Datacomm Cables’ (Cables.com’s) unique, online custom configurator you can choose the length, cord and connector of your choice and place your order. You can also choose between a 6, 12 or 24 multi-strand system with all related connectors and accessories. We make it easy to buy high quality network cables, power cords and accessories in bulk, so you save money and find the items you need. You can read more about fiber optic cables in our blogBuy Fiber Optic Cables in bulk and save!
Call Us Toll Free: (800) 372-3725
We offer the best price on Fiber Optic Cables online. We cater to our customers' needs. We always have deals on Fiber Optic Cables so let us know what you are looking for and we can help.
We offer secure shopping, easy returns within 30 days, and same-day shipping on orders received by 2 PM EST.
If you need bulk pricing or have questions, please call us in New York at (631) 617-5190 or toll-free at (800) 372-3725 or CONTACT US online.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT FIBER OPTIC CABLES
What is a fiber optic cable?
A fiber-optic cable, also known as an optical-fiber cable, is an assembly similar to an electrical cable, but containing one or more optical fibers that are used to carry light (per Wikipedia.
What are the different fiber optic cable types?
There are basically two main types of fiber optic cable: Single Mode and Multimode with a much less used plastic optical fiber (POF).
What does OS2 mean in Fiber?
Single mode OS2 fiber cable is an outdoor and loose tube fiber that is best utilized for outdoor use where there is less stress to the optical fibres. Placed inside fiber enclosures these Fiber Optic Cables will last a lifetime.
What is OM2 Fiber?
OM2 Fiber, typically an orange jacket and uses an LED light source but with similar core sizes of its counterparts. It supports up to 10 Gigbit Ethernet and lengths of up to 82 meeters or 246ft.
What is OM4 Fiber?
OM4 Fiber is a multimode fiber optic cable that is laser optimized and suitable for high banddwith applications.
Is Fiber Optic faster than 5G?
YES. Fiber optic cables have a higher bandwidth than 5G
Is Fibre Optic faster than WIFI?
YES. Fiber optic cables have faster transmission rates than wireless networks which become slower during peak usage.