Shielded Ethernet Cablesprint
- Network Cables
- HDMI Cables
- USB Cables
- Cat6 Ethernet Cables
- Cat6A Ethernet Cables
- Cat5e Ethernet Cables
- Power Cords
- Outdoor Power Cords
- Colored Power Cords
- International Power Cords
- Data Center Cords IEC
- Hospital Grade Power Cords
- NEMA Power Cords
- Single Mode Fiber Optic Cables
- Multimode Fiber Optic Cables
- OS2 Single Mode Patch Cables
- OM1 Fiber Optic Cables
- OM2 Fiber Optic Cables
- OM3 Fiber Optic Cables - Multimode
- OM4 Fiber Optic Cables - Multimode
- Custom Fiber Optic Cables
- Fiber Cables
- All Optical Fiber
- Outdoor Networking Cables
- Outdoor Power Cords
- Outdoor Extension Cords
- Cat6 Outdoor Cables Shielded Burial
- Cat6A Outdoor Cables Shielded Burial
- Category 5e Outdoor Cables
- RG6 Coaxial Outdoor Cables
- Outdoor Fiber Optic Cables
- Bulk Cat5e Cable
- Bulk Cat5e Outdoor Cables
- Bulk Cat6 Cable
- Bulk Cat6a Wire
- Bulk Cat6 Outdoor Cables
- Bulk Fiber Optic Cable
- Bulk Networking Cables
- Bulk Wire
- Bulk Coaxial Cable
- Bulk Low Voltage Wire & Cables
- Bulk Security Alarm Cable
- C14 to C13 PDU Cables
- C20 To C19 Power Cords
- C14 To C15 Power Cables
- C20 to C13 15 Power Cords
- C14 to 5-15 Power Cords & Adapters
- C14 to C7 Power Cords
We collect sales Tax only for orders shipped within NY State.
Find the Cable you need Quickly by using our Patch Finder
Learn about Fiber Optic Cables, Cat5 Cables, Cat5e Cables, Cat6 Cables, Data Center Cables, Crypto Cables, Bulk Wire and more...
• Why Buy Cat7 Ethernet Patch Cables?
• When Do You Need a Shielded Ethernet Cable?
• Outdoor Cables
• Is Fiber Optic Better Than Wifi?
• What Does Fiber Optic Cable Do?
• Fiber Optic Cable Speeds
• What is the Difference Between an Ethernet Cable and a Network Patch Cable?
• Outdoor Category 6 Cables
• Single Mode or Multi Mode: Which Is Better?
When to use Shielded Ethernet Cables
Shielded ethernet cables allow for an additional layer of protection between the network connection and outside interference caused by "alien cross talk" or "noise", that can occur between cables that run alongside each other. Complex network environments, such as larger businesses with a lot of heavy machinery, elevators and flourescent lights, generate a lot of electromagnetic interference (EMI) and this is where a shielded cable comes in to protect and enhance the cable signal.
Shop Indoor Shielded Ethernet Cables
Shielded Burial Outdoor Ethernet Cables
Shielded ethernet cables are specifically built for burial or outdoor use and are both waterproof and animal resistant. If you choose shielded cables, everyting connected to a shielded cable must also be shielded and grounded. You cannot connect shielded to unshielded cables.
Shop Outdoor Shielded Ethernet Cables
- Category 5e (Cat5e) Shielded Outdoor Rated Cables
- Category 6 (Cat6) Shielded Outdoor Rated Cables
- Category 6A (Cat6a) Shielded Outdoor-Rated Cables
Buy Shielded Ethernet Cables in bulk and save!
If you need bulk pricing or have questions, please call us in New York at (631) 617-5190 or toll-free at (800) 372-3725 or CONTACT US
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT SHIELDED ETHERNET CABLES
Q: Do I need a Shielded Ethernet Cable for my home or office?
A: Typically, shielded ethernet cables are used in high volume manufacturing or businessess with complex networks or used for the outdoors to protect the cables from EMI (as stated above). The cost is more for these types of cables and you should not need these for home or small office.
Q: Does the higher cost of Shielded Cables worth it?
A: Unless you absolutely need a shielded cable for your project (highly recommended for outdoor projects) you should opt for the less expensive Cat6 or Cat5 ethernet cables. The added cost of shielded cables does not reflect in performance.
Q. Shielded Ethernet Cable vs Unshielded?
A. So, Should you purchase a Shielded or Unshielded Ethernet Cable? Learn more about Shielded vs. Unshielded Ethernet Cable.
"I have purchased Shielded Ethernet Cables from Cables.com for all of my Outdoor cabling projects. For over 7 years, they have consistently made it easier for me to purchase cables for my work." - Alfredo G.- Systems Engineer