There are many different cables that can get the job done, but the 'right' cables will give you the best quality. Too often, purchasing the 'right' cable for a specific job or situation is not given much thought. The wrong cable can lead to - slow speeds, data errors, and hours upon hours of waste time reconfiguring cables. If you buy cheap cables, beware of the consequences!
Lets take a look at 6 tips to consider before buying cables:
- Compatibly – Make sure the wire you are using is not a no-name brand cable you just found. Check the manual for the specified I/O cable. If you are putting together your own equipment, make sure you have the right cable wires and carefully read the directions.
- Performance – Check to see if your cable is the speed you need. For example, if the cable are marked SFP+ that should support 10 Gigabit Ethernet. Also verify if the cable can be bent and folded without drastically affecting performances such as the 3M™ Twin Axial Cable, can help the cable perform at a higher level.
- Routability – Save space by using wires that can still work while being bent or folded. You need to find a line that can perform when being bent in directions and maintain the same feature when being over bent. Why don’t you try the 3M Twin Axial Cables? These products allow it be tightly bent and folded up multiple times with out affecting their performance.
- Energy Efficiency – Make sure you choose an Active Optical Cable (AOC) that will help maximize energy efficiency. One cable that offers the lowest AOC power is 3M. This product will help reduce utilization and cost. As a result, choosing a low-power AOC is necessary to generate an energy saving center.
- Reliability - As more updates happen the consistency of all the equipment becomes more difficult and the customers become angry with error issues. So in order to now having this situation, look for a trusted cable manufacturer that backs up their product with technical services and warranties. Don’t forget; choose a vendor that’s reliable and proved records insuring that this product is good.
- Total Cost of Ownership – If you are still considering on buying the cheapest cable available, think about this: if you see a picture of a cable wire don’t think that’s what yours is going to look at. By getting a cheap wire might cause a “rat’s nest” which is impossible to maneuver around. You are better off paying a little more money for the 3M Twin Axial Cable. This cable can be bent and folded up neatly for easy maintenance.
Cables.com is your one stop resource for high quality cables and cords online. We stock all types of cables and cable accessories at the most competitive prices around! We are proud to be a leading online retailer offering the highest quality cable solutions for customer and businesses across a wide range of industries.
For more information, please visit our website www.cables.com or give us a call at (800) 372-3725.