Are you reconstructing a cable structure or installing the entire cabling structure for a newly constructed system? Before you jump into the project and start wiring, we wanted to encourage you to strategically plan how your going to run the cable structure before hand. Here's a list of Seven Questions that should be par of your cabling planning process, courtesy of SDN Communications!
- What are the demands on your network today? What will they be in five years?
- What equipment is needed for the structure? How much space will be needed?
- Does these products have warranty protection?
- Will professionally installers be involved in the process from the start?
- Where is the current cabling system? Should plenum-rated cabling be used?
- Can building a separate space be used more effectively?
- What can we do today to accommodate for potential future changes?