The mini USB-2 extender extends any USB device up to 150 feet from the location of your computer, eliminating the 17.5 feet distance limitation of USB. The mini USB-2 sender and receiver units use one CAT-5 cable for extension. It is optimized for applications where two devices, such as the keyboard and mouse, must be operated remotely. The USB-2 extender can even be used to extend surveillance cameras for security purposes.
How It Works
The mini USB-2 extender sender unit is connected to the computer using the supplied USB cable. The remote peripheral(s) are connected to the receiver unit. A category-5 (CAT-5) cable is used to link the sender to the receiver.
- Extends any USB 1.1 device up to 150 feet (45 meters) using CAT-5 cable
- Requires no external power adapter
- Contains internal USB hub
- Provides support for any full-speed 12 Mb/s or low-speed 1.5Mb/s USB device
- Use either PC or Mac with USB keyboard/mouse
- USB device support: full-speed 12 Mb/s Low-speed 1.5 Mb/s
- USB Input Connectors: type B
- USB Output Connectors: type A
- Link Connector: RJ-45 shielded
- Operating Temperature: +4 to 40 deg C
- Dimensions: 3.8" W x 1.2" H x 2.7" D
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs.
- Fully HID Compliant