Shopping for a new television can be an overwhelming experience: reading reviews, comparing prices and finding the right size is exhausting. But when it comes to a big ticket item like a quality TV, it's important to do your homework so you will be happy with your purchase for years to come. Below are some simple tips to help you find the RIGHT TV!
- If you have an existing wall unit, measure to see what the maximum size.
- Consider room decor- You might not want a TV that will "dominate the room". Try cutting out cardboard the same size as the TV, and see if it fits your style.
- Seating distance is key! Sitting too close or too far from the TV will affect your overall viewing pleasure. Studies show that if your 4ft from the tv, the perfect size is 19 inches and a maximum of 32 inches. If your 6ft away, the best TV screen sizes are between 26 inches and 46 inches.
Know Your Technology
- Best Size: 19 to 65 inches
- Pros: Consumes less power than plasma; lighter panels; matte screen work well in bright rooms
- Cons: The viewing angles is not as wide as LED and Plasma TV's
- Best Size: 32 inches and Larger
- Pros: Uses less power than LCD and Plasma; usually thinner, improved picture quality
- Cons: Thin designs are most expensive
- Best Size: 42 inches and Larger
- Pros: Better performance is darker rooms; great viewing angles
- Cons: Uses the most power; glass screen can reflect light in bright rooms.
Let us know if this helped you, on our Facebook page Linked Here!