Here are some interesting facts on Greener Computing!
Switching from a standard CRT monitor to an LCD version can mean up to 70% in energy savings.
- If Google turned its background from WHITE to Black it would save 750 Megawatt-hours a year!
- Office equipment currently accounts for up to 20% of total energy output and is fastest-growing area of energy use.
- 1 computer left on 24 hours a day costs between $115 and $160 in electricity annually, while dumping 1,500 pounds of CO2 into the atmosphere.
- If 8,000 computer users activated sleep mode on a regular basis, there would be a total saving of 1.6 million kWh per year.
- This is equivalent to blocking the annual emissions of 150 cars, or planting 367 acres of trees.
- Idle mode consumes between 20 to 50 times less energy.
For the full infographic, please visit http://goo.gl/VlQii